Monday, October 22, 2007

Home, Sweet Home


I got to go home to NM a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing. I got to be with family, and as if that weren't enough, I got a few days of the beautiful New Mexico fall. I also got to eat enchiladas, mom's homecooking, and Sonic. I miss the food!Nothing out here can touch it. It's so hard to be far away and I think that I'm always more homesick whenever I get back. You go about your daily routine and you get used to being homesick, used to being far away from those closest to your heart, it just becomes part of what you do, you adapt and deal with it.But then when you get to be with the people who love you the most, you realize how lonely you've been. Fingers crossed, we'll be closer to home sooner rather than later.
Here's a pic of me and my sister. I'll try to put some more on Flicr and put in a link. Don't hold your breath though. This whole going back to college thing has been a lot more time consuming than first thought.

1 comment:

Trysha said...

Oh the food here is like no other. I hope you didn't make a trip to Roberto's. HaHa!