Saturday, February 16, 2008

We're goin' to ITALY!!!!

2 1/2 weeks ago Tony and I decided that we wanted to go to Italy...so we bought tickets and we are leaving a week from today!!! I can't believe it...I have wanted to go to Italy for a long time and it's finally happening! To get to travel...I feel adventerous even though the whole thing is planned out. We fly into Venice, stay for 2 nights, go to Florence for 2 nights, and then Rome for 2 nights.
We are going in a tour group, we were nervous to take on our first trip solo, with no guidance. The tour portions were optional, so we are only part of the actual tour group for a tour in Florence and in Rome. In Venice, we are kind of on our own to explore the city. I really don't know what to expect.....we just want to take it easy, sightsee, drink lots of wine, and lots of coffee. I don't even have any 'must buy' items in mind, well, except for the vino and cafe. In Florence we are going to get to see David - that's the big thing I want to see. Tony's #1 thing is the Sistine Chapel. I know we are going to be overwhelmed, but we'll just try to take in as much as possible. And take lots of pics! (That's another thing, my camera bit it and the warranty just expired, so now i'm in the market for an inexpensive digital, while I save up for an SLR)
So in the next week I have 4 books about Italy to read, a Fodor's guide book, and a book of Italian phrases...lofty goals.

1 comment:

Trysha said...

Donde esta el bano? Wait...that's Spanish.

How exciting!!! I'm so jealous, I want to see lots and lots of pictures and hear about all the food. Have fun!