The past few weeks our friends have had a few going away get togethers. The parties have been so nice and have meant so much to us. Everything has been happening so quickly that it still hasn't sunken in that we are leaving. I know that we will be back to visit and I'll be back for meetings and classes, so that makes it easier, knowing that we will get see our friends again. And I'm really hoping that (hint hint) they will come out to CO to visit us! I want to keep in touch and not lose the connections we have made. Especially since our friends are starting to get married and have children, life just changes so much and I'm really hoping that we don't become just Christmas card friends. I promise I'll try my best, good friends are really hard to come by. And without our friends here, I don't think we could have made it the 3 1/2 years that we did. Just thinking back on how lonely and how sad we were when we first moved here, just that sick feeling of being so homesick, and having no one here to ease that. I REALLY cannot say thank you enough to the people who stretched out their love to us and made being so far from home easier. You guys took us into your homes and into your lives, you have shared our sorrows (losing Arnold) and our joys (moving to the city, getting this job in Denver). You have allowed us to be with your family and closest friends, bringing us into your existing circles, giving us a chance. You did so much, I really can't thank you enough for accepting us (especially me, Tony is pretty easy to love) for who we are, for the invites to your special moments (Renata and Jason's wedding) and for always thinking about us and inviting us into your homes for the holidays, when you knew how sad we would be. You have been a blessing to our lives.
In the moving arena...no new news....unfortunately. We were supposed to go to CO for our House Hunting Trip this coming Wednesday. Then Kirby got sick and we thought he was dying, then laid down $500 all for the vet to say every test was inconclusive, but to continue shoving antibiotics down his throat.....needless to say this was not the added stress that we needed on top of everything else. So hopefully we will make it out there either this week or next week and we can sign a lease on an apt. Tony has an interview tomorrow, hopefully he will be able to find a position before we get out there.
I'll try to keep the blog updated as we learn more - and as I get more and more weepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment