Monday, June 02, 2008

Storms a brewin'

I'm sitting out on our balcony watching the most beautiful storm brewing. The clouds are changing by the seconds, rolling towards us. Every once in a while you can see the lightning and hear the thunder.
I had forgotten how much I loved a good thunderstorm. In New Mexico they were always amazing. And you could see the storms so far away, in a whole other town. Sometimes all you could see what the lightning. It is so romantic.
One of our first nights in Colorado we got to see a great storm off in the distance. The roll of thunder took me back to all those storms of my childhood. I remember the feel of electricity in the air. It was always so exciting, especially after a warm summer day.
I could sit here and watch this all night. Unfortunately Kirby had breathing problems last night, so no one in Casa de Richards slept well, and the closer it gets to 9pm, the heavier my eyelids get.
Here's some pics of what I'm looking at right now.



Kirby the asthmatic wonder dog

1 comment:

Trysha said...

Holy smokes, Kirby has grown!!

Hey, I tagged you for a meme. :)