Sunday, September 19, 2010

Berger's

Last Saturday morning I was sitting at the kitchen table drinking my coffee and listening to NPR just like every good Saturday morning. Then I remembered that I had brought home Berger cookies from Baltimore! As I opened the package the lady that was being interviewed on NPR started talking about how one of her favorite things about Baltimore (the interview was about everything along the I-95 corridor) was Berger cookies!!! Errie coincidence? It just reinforced what a great purchase I made!
What are Berger cookies? They are shortbread with a thick heaping of chocolate on top!! So good!!

There is kind of a funny story behind the purchase of them though - it involves Irene, Baltimore City, a parking cop and Luckies, my favorite old corner shop right by where we used to live. Needless to say I ran out of the store to keep from getting a ticket while Irene stayed inside and bought my cookies and a new toothbrush for me. Then I realized I didn't have enough to pay her back....I'm lucky to have such good friends who forgive so easily and understand that these are the things that happen when you are with me.





No comments: