Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Years Resolutions

I'm bad at resolutions. I usually don't make them, but when I do I goof up with in the month. So I usually save any resolutions and use them for Lent. And they usually get broken too. Oh well, at least I try, right? But some of my resolutions this year are as follows (I LOVE LISTS!!!!):
Run more with a goal of 12 - 15 miles/week
Sign up for at least 2 5K's
Actually take Portaging trip, not just talk about it
Pay off 2 credit cards
Go somewhere that my passport is necessary
Start writing again, possibly a book (thank you Nathan, for inspiration)
Find a new job, in a new city

Ok, so the last one is the most difficult. There is only so much we can do, after that, we are going to rely on faith. The job hunt is going to begin in ernst very soon. We've been saying for a while we would like to be closer to our families, but that's it, we've only been saying. I applied for MANY jobs this summer, and nothing came through, so we just took it as a sign that it wasn't our time. So we are going to start trying again. The reasons to stay in Baltimore are numberable, however, the reasons to leave have more weight. Like seeing family more than twice a year if we're lucky, we want to start a family and we want them to be closer to our parents. We are wanting to move to Colorado, it has what we want. Housing is cheaper, we already have friends there, within a day we can drive to our folks house, great snowboarding, great water activities, great hiking, camping, star gazing, rock collecting.....it's just a lot more closer to what we know too, what we grew up with. I think everyone starts a family with an idea in mind of how they want to raise their kids...we want our children to appreciate the outdoors and spend a lot of time with them outdoors, learning to take care of themselves and enjoy nature. We love Baltimore city, but we don't want to raise kids here. And I know there are many other places in Maryland that are great to raise kids in, but not for us. Your values can be instilled in your kids anywhere, but we feel it will be easier out west. It won't be the easiest thing to move from here, but it won't be the hardest. Tears will be shed, again, but we are ready for the adventure.

No comments: