Last night the Foodie Club went to dinner. "Club" sounds exclusive, and this group is not, so maybe Foodie Friends? Anyways, we went to the Brewer's Art. It was Tony and I, Craig, Irene, Beth, Jason and Renata, Cheri and Brian. We had a great time! The place was awesome. Very old and eclectic. There were plush couches to sit on and low tables in the waiting area. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our table (despite reservations). But that was ok, we were able to get drinks from the bar then just sit around and visit. Their beer is very good, Tony and I got a bottle of Green Peppercorn Triple. It was a nice amber beer with a dry aftertaste, but I liked Jason's Cerebus Triple better, so we traded.
We all shared the appetizers we got. The escargot ravioli was very good, and the blue cheese cheesecake was my favorite food of the night. The roasted pears and bitter greens were a very nice compliment.
I got the seared scallops for dinner. I was nervous when the waiter said the scallops would be medium rare, but they were delicious!
Beth took a couple of pics, hopefully I can get them when she comes back from vacation, as my camera is on hiatus, so no pics for now.
But I really look forward to our next Foodie Friends Night! I think it's going to be Indian Food in Laurel. Hopefully some of our other "foodie" friends will be able to join us!!!
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment