Sunday, March 23, 2008

March Madness



Jen and Adam

We've been trying to make the most of what time we have left here. We have a few things on the list that we want to do/see. But most importantly we want to hang out with our friends.
We went out Friday night with Jen and Adam. We went down to Fell's Point for dinner and drinks, somewhere we haven't ever been in the evening. We go to Fell's a lot, to Whole Foods, our fav. brunch restaurant, to get our hair cut, but never to dinner or to the bars.....and it was great! We had so much fun, the restaurant, The Waterfront Hotel, had great food and a nice ambiance, and best of all, great friends. Then we went down to The Horse You Rode In On. They had live music, which is something we never see at the bars in Federal Hill. The music added a lot to the experience. It reminded me of El Patio in Las Cruces, and of High Desert. Oh, good times...the Bloody Mary's at El Patio, the nachos at High Desert.

Then Saturday we went exploring another new place, Historic Ellicot City. I wish we would have found this place sooner! My mom and sister would have loved it! Bunches of little shops and antique stores. Amy would have founds lots of treasures. We went with David and Robin and then ate dinner down there. It was only about 15 or 20 minutes from our house.

Today is kind of a sad day though...my family always had a big get together on Easter. Me and Amy would get a new Easter dress, and a hat when we were little, we'd go to church (this wasn't a once a year type thing, we went to church every Sunday morning, Sunday night....usually Wednesday nights - completely opposite of the heathen I am now), then we'd go over to my grandma's house, or my aunt's house, hunt Easter eggs with my cousins, eat dinner...such beautiful memories. And today I think back on those memories, and I'm sad that I'm not there today, to make more. Sometimes I get so homesick and I am so very grateful that we are moving closer, close enough that we can drive home for Easter.

I still haven't gotten a firm move date though. I've turned in all my paperwork, now I'm just waiting for everything to be approved. Hopefully I'll hear something in the next two weeks. Meanwhile our next few weeks are packed with friends, food, and drinks. Oh, and baseball games. Gotta get as many of those in while we can. Walking to the stadium is one of the many things I'm going to miss about living in the city. We are so blessed that we were able to live here at this time in our lives, while we were able enjoyed it so much.

1 comment:

Trysha said...

Mmmm...Nacho's from High Desert. We went for St. Patricks Day and EMT-Dad and I split a plate of nachos. I'm also due a lunch date with my co-workers since my boss is out of town this week. Mmm...I love that you know about High Desert! Once you eat/drink there it's like a secret club and you've been initiated.