Friday, April 25, 2008

Apartment Hunting

Well, we found an apt. I'm so relieved that it is over. We looked all day yesterday and then some this morning. The first two we looked at were disappointing, but livable. We really didn't want to spend that much money, since we are going to be trying to buy a house this year. There wasn't a price difference between the sub par ones and the nice ones. We are really happy with the one we signed with. It's in Englewood, so my commute shouldn't be that bad. It's only for 6 months, so even if it turns out not to be the best, we don't have to live with it for that long. The last apt. we saw yesterday was in the most beautiful area. It is in the foothills, on the outskirts of Littleton, but the commute for me would have been one hour on a good day. And i just can't commit to that. I've already been there and it sucked!

Now we have the next couple of days to relax and explore around. Maybe we can go into the city and find a cool place to eat tonight. On Sunday we are going to meet up with Tony's best friend Justin who lives up in the mountains.

I'll try to take some pics and upload them.

Tony's interview went well yesterday, so we'll see what comes of that. In the meantime he's applying around like crazy. We have faith that something will work out though.

I can't believe we only have 2 weeks left in Maryland! There is still so much to get done! I have heart palpitations even thinking about it!

1 comment:

Trysha said...

Only 2 weeks left? Holy guacamole! How exciting, it's amazing how fast things happened and how quickly you guys got rolling.
We're hoping to move further North towards the Albuquerque/Santa Fe/Los Alamos.