Sunday, January 04, 2009

Welcome 2009

First of all I have to say congrats to our great friends Adam and Jen for the birth of their first son - Carter! I'm so excited for them and can't wait to see pics. Their 2009 is already off to an exciting start! That's the fifth baby year to date that friends have had....hmmm, much pressure?

2008 was a great year and one year ago at this time none of it was planned, just hoped for - We got to go to Italy with Robin and Jesse, we moved to Denver, bought a house, Tony got a job right away....things worked out really well for us. My folks came up on the 31st and helped us ring in the new year. We had so much fun! We ran around and got to eat at some new (to us) restaurants. We had such a nice time visiting. I'm hoping that Amy can come up sometime too (this time without having to work so much!)

Now I'm looking forward to 2009. Hopefully we will get settled into the house and our lives will seem less chaotic.
These are a few of my hopes for 2009 (and things I just want to get done)...not resolutions:
*To start cooking more, like I used to, experimenting and trying new things. I bought a new cook book the other day, so hopefully it will provide some inspiration.
*Get all the painting done in the house.
*Start going out again and finding fun new restaurants (I have to say this is one of things I miss the most (after our friends) about B-more. The food).
*Get at least most of the furniture picked out and bought so our guests don't have to stay on air mattresses or sit on the floor when there isn't enough room on the couch. (Sarah - this is where you come in!)
*Stay focused on school....(it's already starting - my first class starts tomorrow and I already have homework to do!)
*Get a better, more positive attitude towards work....and other things...but mostly just work. I have to remember that I can't be a reflection of those I work with, but have to be myself no matter the circumstance. I have to try not to get so down and depressed about mean people that suck. Wow - that already sounds more positive! Yikes! This is going to be hard....
*and of course the one thing everyone says they are going to do - start working out, again. I have a different motivation this year though...we want to start trying for a baby, and I really want to be at a good weight when that happens. If I could lose about 15 pounds, that would be ideal to me. That way it may not be as hard to lose the baby weight. I know I can do this. I'm good about excuses for exercises, but usually try to force myself to do something...but the eating part. Oh how I loathe diets!!! But I know that if I just cut out a few things I will be on the right track, like sodas and loading up my coffee with sugar. And candy during the day. And second helpings. But I am not, I tell you this now, going to cut back on the chips and salsa. Even if that meant never losing another pound, I won't let it go.


HAPPY NEW YEAR Friends! Many blessings to you for a wonderful 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post, it inspires me to write one for my hopes for 2009 too! All your hopes are realistic and definitely achievable! And the fact that you put it in writing that you guys are going to try this year definitely makes it seem more real. Good luck with everything, I know God will continue to bless you two. I miss you so much!