I told Tony earlier this week that I didn't want to crate Kirby anymore because it makes me feel bad that he is in a crate for so long during the day. He's a good dog and usually doesn't get into anything while we are gone (when we leave him out, like on the weekends). Well, he proved us wrong! Sheets shredded, springs exposed. And that does suck, but I would have felt so much worse if he would have gotten choked on a spring, or gotten his head in there. It's just too dangerous, so back in the crate it is.
This was after one of the worse days at work I've had in a LONG time, but before I got one of the most unprofessional emails from one of my group members from school. Needless to say - Friday sucked.
3 comments:
Where is a photo of the culprit? I'm glad that in a fight between him and the matress, he won.
Sorry you had a craptastic Friday. Hopefully your weekend made up for it. :)
Oh no, bad dog! I'm so sorry he's such a trouble maker! We do go to some length to keep Ginger out of a crate though. Skiddy is locked in his own room so Ginger doesn't go get snacks from his litter box. And all other doors are shut. We can't leave mail or anything on the table either or she'll rip it to shreds. So basically, the only choice she has is to play with her toys (never any with stuffing!) or sleep. Kirby will get there, you won't have to crate him forever. Sorry for the sucky day though, blagh.
My friend had similar issues. She came to realize that her dog felt stressed with a big house to himself, and crating him during the day was a comfort to him.
Post a Comment