So I got the whole (all of 1) season of My So-Called Life on DVD. I know I completely bogart the blockbuster queue. I loved MSCL in HS. LOVED it. I felt for Angela's restlessness and not being sure where she belonged and her lust for Jordan....oh Jordan. It still makes me grin to see Jared Leto leaning against those lockers. I guess some crushes never go away. :) It is funny watching it all these years later. I still think her mom was anal and pushed her kids away. She meant well, she just stuck her nose in everyone's business. But now I see how difficult Angela was with her parents, and how all Rayanne needed was some guidance and discipline. I have one disk left before I'm done with the whole season...which leads me to ask - why was there only one season? This show as so great!
Watching it reminds me too of going to the movies to see Romeo and Juliet with Clare Danes. Man that movie was amazing! I still love it! The soundtrack, the clothes...everything about it.
I'm reading Candy Girl by Diablo Cody. I first heard about it on Fish's blog and it sounded good and gritty. And it is gritty. I'm over half way through. I really think she was just going for shock factor - I don't really know how honest it is. Or perhaps it's too honest? I knew going into it what it was going to be and it is definitely a page turner, but not one that I would give a high rating. I just can't imagine that someone would WANT to do this. HAVE to do this..ummm, I guess I can understand. The money that some of these ladies make is insane and they are right - they probably couldn't make that kind of money anywhere else. And Craig says that 99% of strippers are just paying their way through med school or law school, right? But I just think the book would have been great without the language. Or maybe I just can't put down my guard enough to enjoy it.
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
1 comment:
I LOVED My So Called Life when I was in highschool. Claire Danes does the best chin tremble when she's trying not to cry. I know that show did well, it definitely should have been on longer. And because of Jordan, no matter how crazy Jared Leto acts or dresses, I still like him. Ah, teenage angst. And where did Rayanne go? She was a great actress! Anyway, now I have to get it on DVD of course so I can relive it too. Nathan is so going to make fun of me.
Post a Comment