Gardening is therapy for me. I love it. I have always had plants around and now that we have a big back yard, I am able to garden like I have always wanted to. I grew up around it, my mom, my grandparents, everyone always had a great garden so we had tasty treats all summer long.
Maybe I am over eager, but I planted my hardy seeds today. I did sugar snap peas, arugula, and lettuce. I think they have a really good chance of making it. This year I am going to do all things lettuce a bit differently though - I am going to plant at 2 week intervals so that I don't have a huge heap of leafy goodness all at once. I want to space it out a bit. So I have 2 rows of arugula right now and 1 row of lettuce.
I also discovered Jiffy greenhouses - AWESOME! They are these plastic boxes with pods inside them. You expand the pods by adding water, then you can plant seeds in them. It's a great way to start your sowing early. I'm so excited to see if they work!!
I also had to treat my houseplants today because we have (gross!!) fungus gnats!! We have had them for quite a while, but I finally sat down and did some research to see what they truly were. Yuck! They have already killed 2 of my plants, and were starting on a third. So now I have to treat all my houseplants (even the ones that weren't sick) for 3 weeks, hoping to kill them off. I hate them! They are super annoying and look just like fruit flies, only bigger. I repotted my infested spider plant and I'm hoping it will pull through.
Ahh, spring. Just being outside today was enough to get me through the whole week.
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment