Thursday, February 10, 2011

7 weeks old

Abby is going to be 8 weeks old next Tuesday! I can't believe how quickly the weeks have gone by. Abby is going to get her vaccinations next week - so I know that will be a tough day. And I am dreading going back to work..necessary evil.

We have had a tough go of it. Abby has colic - so most nights we have had 3 to 4 hours of crying - from both of us. :) I took her to the doctor last Friday to see if he could help and he gave her some drops that relieve abdominal cramping - and so far they seem to help!! She is sleeping a little better too. 3 to 4 hours for the first part of the night and about 2 hours apart for the rest. She is smiling now and everyday has more time that she is cooing and looking around. I still cry nearly everyother day at how blessed I am.

2 comments:

Trysha said...

She's absolutely beautiful! Eight weeks already?!
Waking up multiple times a night is not an easy thing and just when you get to a point where you can't handle it anymore, they start smiling and cooing and learning new tricks.
Hang in there, Mama.
(Oh, I have a new blog.:)) and now my parenthesis have a double chin.

Anonymous said...

She IS beautiful! And I can't believe she is 8 weeks already, I can't wait to meet her! Can you see her changing before your very eyes? Nora is a new person every time I see her. Hope the colic clears up and you guys get some sleep. Please give that precious baybay a little squeeze and a kiss from me.