This past weekend Tony and I got to try hang gliding in Kitty Hawk, NC! It was so much fun! I was really looking forward to it for the past few weeks, but when we got down to the Outer Banks the weather was cold and rainy, so I was afraid we were going to miss our chance. But then the weather warmed up and Saturday was beautiful so we were able to get into a class. It was a great experience and we would both like to continue doing it. One of the instructors said it would take about 10 classes to be ready to fly solo. The excitement of being a few feet in the air was incredible, i can't imagine what it would be like to do mountain jumps. The place where we did it was Jockey Ridge State Park, and the sand dunes there are rated as some of the best in America. The sand was really soft and forgiving in case you bit it.
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment