I finished reading
The Rule of Four in less than a week. It helped that I had a lot of time to read in NC, but I haven't been able to put it down! The book centers around the Renaissance mystery,
Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, and the power it has over two Princeton students who are trying to unravel it's secrets. They put their lives on hold to solve the many riddles the book has in hopes that they can find the meaning the author, Francesco Colonna, crypticly placed throughout the Hypnerotomachia's pages. I love books that involve history, I feel like I'm learning meaningful information as I read along. I've really enjoyed the couple of books that I have read that involved Renaissance history, the art work, the philosophy, the books, and the families. The other book that I read that had that history in it was The Birth of Venus, another great book that I recommend. The ending of the Rule was somewhat predictable but exciting none the less. I would give this book a 3 out of 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment