So I saw
this book on sale at Target, and it looked like a do-able diet. Losing those stubborn last pounds.....something I've been needing to do. So I started this week. It's only a 30 day diet and I've only been doing it since last Tuesday, and it SUCKS! The workouts are challenging and I enjoy them, but the DIEt part....miserable. First of all most of the receipes take a lot more time than I am willing to give. Second of all, they don't taste that great. And third, most important, NO CHIPS AND SALSA on this DIEt!! What??? Chips and Salsa is a mainstay....it has been part of my life forver!! Almost every single day I have it. I can live for a while without sugar, and it's a struggle, but I can give up coke for a bit....but no chips and salsa and NO ENCHILADAS either! Oh, and no booze. I am not pregnant, so giving up the wine is really not clicking. This DIEt has no 'off' days or 'off' meals. You are supposed to follow it religously for 30 days...yep, I lasted a whole 4 1/2 days....I gave in. I couldn't take it. I had to go to Little Anitas for a plate of Green Chile Cheese enchiladas and some chips and salsa. It was AMAZING! Everything I've dreamed it would be all week. And I feel SOOOO much better. A bit guilty, but mentally I feel better. I've been bitching all week, part of it hormones fault, but I really think the big part is the dumb diet. I have a Catholic guilt complex, so of course I feel bad even thinking about deviating from this diet. So I don't think that at the end of these 30 days I'm going to feel comfortable "running on the beach in a bikini" as Jillian says. But even if I lose a few pounds I'd be happy. Still, my money is that is Little Anita's is going to come out the winner.
1 comment:
I gave up sodas for 2 weeks and on day 3 I was a raging bitch. It was 4 years ago and EMT-Dad still refers to that day "remember when you went back to soda. That was a good day."
I'm not a strict dieter...or anything for that matter. I need wiggle room, which probably accounts for the jiggle.
Post a Comment