Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Cars Lead to Dispise of Salespeople


So I thought it was time to get a replacement car. My Avenger had seen me through a lot, and her time had come. So we did my least favorite thing, went car shopping. And seriously, how skeezy are car salesmen? Geezzz.
This guy was completely no pressure - at first. Everything went fine and I thought that the buying, although it would be painful, wouldn't be that bad. Man was I naive.
It was one of the worse experiences of my life! They get you to the 'negotiation' table, and suddenly it's a completely different person selling you the car. It's some creep, looking at you with dollar signs in his eyes. I had a sinking feeling the entire time....I should have walked away. I KNEW we were getting screwed, yet I sat there and took it like a good girl. WTF?
We bought the car on Thursday night. I cried a lot of Friday....I felt so taken advantage of...I feel so taken advantage of. I am SO mad at the dealership. They get off on people who don't REALLY fight back. People who are honest and expect honesty in return. I'm pretty sure that when we left Thursday night they high fived each other yelling 'suckers'.
But it's a done deal now. And the car is really nice. It's a four door, something I've been wanting a long time, and it's new and reliable. And hopefully it will last me 10-12 years. Then I'll have to go through this whole process again. Until then, I'm going to try and enjoy my beautiful new car, and get over the regret of over paying.

2 comments:

Trysha said...

Ooooo...I hate car sales people! I had a friend who went to the dealership to get her windshield replaced and ended up coming home with a new car. She swears she didn't know how it happened and before she knew it she was signing papers and driving off the lot.

So what'd you get???

Melissa said...

I got a Nissan Altima. It is a nice car and I'm trying to enjoy driving it, but it's been almost a week and I am still so irked!!!