Friday, August 22, 2008

GMAT - no longer taking up every breathing moment

Ahhh, I finally took the GMAT. So very glad that is over! I've been studying like mad for the past month, and finally Monday I took the test. It was hard...just as hard as I thought it would be, but I did A LOT better than I had anticipated. In fact, after the test was over and my unofficial score popped up on the screen I sat there in wonder as silent tears rolled down my face. I was/am so proud of myself. For actually doing it, for studying so hard, for trying so hard. For taking that first big step in going back to college. So I'm doing it. I found out today that I have been accepted to the University of Denver. I will only be going part time (still working full time), so in a mere 3 1/2 years I will have my graduate degree! I know it's going to be hard, time consuming, and at times miserable, but I also know that I HAVE to do this, if I want to move up in my job, or move on to a better job maybe, and there is no time like the present. I am only getting older and it is only going to get harder. So here it goes. Look out world, Melissa is matriculating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!  That's awesome Melissa, congratulations!  I'm such a jerk for not asking you about it when we talked!  Congrats on the test and the acceptance, so well deserved.  I'll call you soon to congratulate you again!Love, Jesse