So yesterday after my class we went downtown to go to the Taste of Colorado festival. Vendors set up booths and offer samples of their food for a small cost, and then you can also buy larger portions. I thought it was going to be many of the higher end restaurants....but there were only a few of those. And there were so many odd balls there....middle age women in midriffs (sp?), teenager girls with their butt hanging out of their shorts...sickening. It was so disappointing. The food was not that great and it was super hot. We left after a little while, walking back down 16th street to the train station.
Now, we lived in Baltimore city for 2 years. And a couple of times I did get lost driving around and I was scared....but I was in my car and I just got out of there as quickly as I could. Walking downtown yesterday, I was more afraid (being on foot), than I ever was in Baltimore! We saw a lot of drugged out people...some hippies begging for money, and just some straight up sketchy people. I was so uncomfortable, gripping my purse close to me while trying to walk around the masses of weirdos. It was for about 2 blocks that I had that nervous anticipation that someone my accost us. I HATE that feeling. It's just unnerving, not really in control of the situation. Seriously......it's Denver! Even walking around Philly or NYC, I haven't felt that way. In NY we would see people that we would want to avoid being close to, but never clumped together like that! So I don't think we will be going to another fest downtown. It's the second one we've been to, and both have be bad.
If we wanted to see bad parents, drunks, and kooks we would stay home and sit on our porch, not go all the way downtown.
1 comment:
Oh wow, that sucks. At least you look totally artsy and beautiful in your picture! I would have taken a pic of the huddled masses of bad parents and kooks! Do you think they would have attacked me? Lol.
Post a Comment