This week was crazy....I think it is finally catching up to me. It's 7:30 and I am hoping to go to bed ASAP.
Tuesday - Thursday I had orientation until late and then Friday we went to a grad student social downtown at a bar and then went to the ballgame. We couldn't even stay for the whole game because we were so tired. We hadn't been to a pro baseball game since B-more. And it was bittersweet. I LOVED going to Camden Yard. We always had such a great time....going to see the Rockies reminded me of how much I miss going to those games with friends.
Yesterday I had orientation again until 12:30, then we had a meeting with the realtor.
I woke up early this morning and went grocery shopping, then we went and looked at homes ALL DAY with Bob, the realtor who is helping us. We looked at 12...and it was about 6 too many. I was exhausted and discouraged. Who the hell doesn't clean their house when it's on the market? How do you live in filth....I was disgusted by some of the homes we saw. I figured the foreclosures and the short sales were going to be kind of bad...but the regular homes? Seriously, how long does it take to make your bed or hang your clothes up? I know that is all superficial, but it is still a turn off. We really didn't see anything that we liked, but we did rule out an area, so at least now our search is narrower.
Hopefully this week we can look at some homes in Littleton. That is really the area that we had our heart set on anyway. We probably need to make an offer in the next couple of weeks in order to have a move in date before Thanksgiving. Ahhh, the stress. But it's a good stress, it's exciting to think of being a homeowner. Having a backyard....a nice kitchen...something that is our own.
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
1 comment:
You guys are house-hunting! That is awesome!!!
Good luck in your search. I've been there when you've seen too many houses and they all start looking alike. When you find the one, you know it. :)
Post a Comment