Monday, December 15, 2008

Grumblings at the Post Office

So today is the busiest day of the year for the Post Office. I knew this, but I had to mail out some gifts, and I figured it was punishment to have to wait in line since I'm running so late this year. I accepted it. I sucked it up and went to the Post Office.
First of all when I got to the door I struggled to open it with my hands full of boxes, and some old broad at the door stood there and watched me...laughing....with only one package in her hand!!! Are you serious!!! Who does that? Who doesn't try to help someone out? Geezz....
So then some dude got in line behind me and stood about 3 inches away. I could FEEL him breathing down my neck...ewww!!! Then he grumbled the entire freakin' time!! I was getting more angry by the minute.....does he think he's the only one that doesn't enjoy waiting in line? The only one who doesn't have something better to be doing other than being at the post office? I was so frustrated.
and I hate that I let rude people with little lives take away a bit of my Holiday Freakin' Spirit!
Sorry for the angry post on days before Christmas, but I needed to vent.
I'd already had a frustrating day as our pipes had froze over night...we got them thawed and no bursts (THANK GOODNESS!), but it was nerve wracking. It was -11 when I left for work this morning and the high was 14. BURRRR!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I got cold just reading that! Wow, what an awful Post Office experience. I love that you punish yourself for your tardiness, haha. I am also extremely late on gifts (you're lucky you got your scarf early, haha!). I'm planning on baking and stuff tonight, but gifts won't go out until tomorrow at the earliest! So I guess all my stuff will be late :o(. My own fault. I should have stood in line today too I guess.