I went to yoga again today. I even bought my own mat so that I don't have to lay down on the grody communal gym one. I do love yoga and I want to get really good at it. Let me rephrase that....I love the way people look when they do yoga and I desire to look like that. But it is so much harder than it looks. I thought I was going to eat it today.....mostly because of my sweaty palms! They just start sliding and I have to stop the pose. Then I look over in the mirror, thinking to myself, you are probably doing good....WRONG! I look like a pale, off balance chunk! My wobbling only adds to my belly bouncing and I kind of want to giggle, but I know that's inappropriate in the class. The harder I try the goofier I look. I am so ungraceful - which is one of the reasons I want this so badly! I know I can do this...I'm just worried about how long it's going to take. I'm inpatient. I mean - I've been walking for 27 years and I have not mastered it......what does that say?
2 comments:
Haha, that makes me laugh. I would not be able to hold my giggles in if I caught a look at myself trying to do that. I'm inspired to look into some yoga now! But I'll probably just get an at home thing. I bought a mat a long time ago, but got rid of it due to lack of use. I tried a yoga pilates mix and kept laughing at the lady telling me I had long beautiful legs.
You are so much braver than I am. I would never do yoga in public!
Post a Comment