Wow - Am I really that old? Yes... I am. 28 is much better than 18 though. And it keeps getting better.
My reunion is next weekend. I have decided not to go. Many reasons (or excuses), but I thought about it and I'm not going to do it. I didn't just start thinking about it recently - I've thought about it for a while. A for that entire while I knew I wouldn't go.
There's too much water under the bridge and then there's not enought water under the bridge. Does that make sense?
I have kept in touch with a few people that I went to HS with - people I love and I care about and that I want to be part of my life. A few very close friends. There are some people I would love to see and catch up with but I don't think they are going either, although some of them are. And really - if I wanted to catch up with them I probably could.
I haven't gotten to go home very much in the past 5 years and the time I have gotten to be with my family has been limited...too limited. So if I'm going to drive the 7 1/2 hours home I'm going to spend that time with my family, it is precious to me. And I don't want to divide that time with anyone else.
Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of good memories with good friends, some of whom I would like to catch up with. But A LOT has happened in my life in the past 10 years. In many ways I am the same person I have always been, but in many other ways I am changed, as I am sure many others have. There are doctors, lawyers, mothers and fathers. There are world changers and there are those who are still waiting to make their mark. That's the part I would like to see, but the part I'm afraid I would see are the one's who haven't changed that much.
I really wish everyone the best, but this is one party I can't go to. Although I do hope that Mar fills me in. :)
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
1 comment:
I thought I was caught up on your blog and just saw these two posts pop up.
My reunion is this year too. EMT-Dad didn't go to his because we were so busy buying the house and all that stuff at the time. He asked if I wanted to go to mine and I told him no. I just don't give a shit. I've stayed in touch with who I've wanted to stay in touch with, ya know?
Post a Comment