Sunday, July 26, 2009

Family visits

This summer has been so chaotic. We've had a lot of fun, but it's been busy. I can't believe it's almost August! What happened?
My parents came up the first weekend of June. They left on a Sunday morning and Tony's parents drove in that Sunday night. They spent a few days with us, flew to see Tony's sister, then came back and spent another weekend here. We had a blast! It's always so good to get to spend time with family. It's so nice to now have extra bedrooms and beds to have company! We're not crammed and trying to share a bathroom.
Here's some pics of our time together.

While Tony's parents and Daniel were visiting we went and rode the Royal Gorge train. It was beautiful. The train runs right alongside the river and we saw a lot of rafters. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.
MARMOT! That was what Tony shouted right after we saw this little guy. He then proceeded to scatter away. I wouldn't call it running as this little thing is so fat! They are really cute though. And yes, that's snow up there. It was SO COLD!! It was 27 degrees at the top of Mt. Evans. We couldn't even get out of the car for more than a few minutes. There were people up there getting ready to snow board down.
So much snow! I thought there would be snow at the top, but there was quite a bit more on the drive up than I thought there would be.
Putting around - we found a nice little 9 hole course that's really good to walk. We had such a fun time, Tony and I forgot how much we love to play.

No comments: