One thing I try not to neglect even when my schedule seems filled up is reading. Even though I don't get to read as much as I would like while I'm in school - I was still able to squeeze some books in. I read Outliers last week - I HIGHLY recommend this book. It was very very interesting. I just love books that make you think about things in a new way - a way you haven't thought of before but which make sense. It reminded me of Freakenomics - another great read. Outliers was a quick read too - once I picked it up I couldn't put it down.
Now today I started Going Rouge. I pre-ordered the book for super cheap - because as most of you know - I love Sarah Palin. She has a lot of qualities that I really admire in a person. I could write an entire post on the reasons I like her - but maybe I'll save that for another time.
Reading is at the top of my list of things to do while I'm on break from school - along with a slew of other crafts. Amy came up the other weekend (woo-hoo) and taught me how to sew. I've wanted to learn for a while, but lately the urge to make things has been in high gear. I think it's because I've been so overwhelmed with work and school - I just want to do projects that would relax me. So I've learned how to embroider and I'm going to look for a sewing machine on Black Friday so I can start doing that. My list of what I want to do on break is huge and I know I won't have time to get to it all - but here's to trying! I really hope I don't give up on this like I have so many other things. I'm always gung ho at the beginning then it fizzes out as I realize it's more work than I had originally thought....ahhhh, the best of intensions.
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment