We are off to New Mexico tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. We haven't been home for Thanksgiving since 2004!! Our first Thanksgiving in MD, Tony's family flew out. It was my first Thanksgiving to cook - and I cringe to think about it!! It was edible and everyone was so sweet about it - but lets just say my cooking skills have definetly gotten better over the years. I remember how great it was to get to be with family after a year of being so very lonely on the East Coast.
The next year was our first Thanksgiving in our row in in Baltimore and Jenni and Rob flew out to be with us. Such a good memory! Then the next year it was just the two of us and our new puppy Kirby. Last year we had just moved into our house and had limited time off - so I cooked for the two of us. We are definetly looking forward to being with my family this year.
On another note - today is me and Tony's, prepare yourself, 8 year anniversary!! It sounds like a long time! I can't believe how quickly the past 8 years have gone by. So many sweet memories and so many changes. We went out to dinner on Saturday night to celebrate, so tonight it is spegetti and a movie.
One really great memory I like to think about every anniversary is getting to see my great grandma on my wedding day. She was in the hospital and couldn't make it to our wedding, but after the ceremony Tony and I drove up there in our wedding duds and went to see her. I remember she could barely talk but she was so happy to see us - and I kept thinking to myself - I'm the luckiest person in the world to be able to have my great grandmother on my wedding day. One of the best days of my life.
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
1 comment:
Awe, happy belated anniversary! You two are great, I miss you both so much. I wish we could go on another fantastic trip together! Maybe one day :o). Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'll talk to you soon!
Post a Comment