I'm really not sure where November went, but I can't believe it's already December. So much to do! I finished my interterm class last week, and even though it's over and that is one more class down (9 to go!) I still really wish I would not have taken it. I still have a 20 page paper due and it's probably going to hang over my head through the holidays. Although I am going to Alabama in 1 week, so maybe I'll have some time to work on it there.
Our Thanksgiving was wonderful in New Mexico. Although it's a long trek, it's always worth it. Our Thanksgiving was really nice and calm, with just me and Tony, my folks, my sister and brother-in-law, and my grandparents. Such wonderful food! We had a really great time. I had full intentions of taking lots of pics then forgot our memory card at home! I'll try to make up for it over Christmas, as we are heading back to the Land of Enchantment.
Today I cooked a turkey with all of the fixings. Tony really wanted a ton of leftovers (even though my folks sent us home with some), so I baked the bird and all the fixings. At this point I'm pretty tired of being in the kitchen. I don't know what it is, but after cooking all day the food tastes just ok. Now tomorrow I'm sure it will be so much more delicious, but after looking at it for hours today - I just really wasn't in the mood.
Christmas presents - I am slightly ahead of the game....more so than most years. I have 3 presents bought...almost 4. And I have every intention of finishing THIS week. I thought I would be able to craft some homemade gifts, but alas, my good intentions fell to the wayside. Along with my mind. Maybe next year?
Last night we went out for dinner and drinks with Amy and Brian. So much fun! It was super cold but our food was great and the drinks....the drinks. Amy and I drank White Russians and all I could think was - Where have you been all my life? So good!!! We've only been out with Amy and Brian a couple of times - but we always have a good time and hopefully in the new year we can hang out more. Geography is our enemy in this relationship. They live downtown and we live in BFE. But logistics aside, hopefully we can all find time to hang out more.
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment