HAPPY CANOEING!!!
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! Our's was wonderful! We drove down to New Mexico on Wednesday and got back home today. Driving was kind of hairy - we hit a really bad storm in between Vaughn and Roswell. It was definetly in the top 3 worst driving conditions we have been in - only change up was that I was driving!! There was no where to pull over to switch. No plows, no salt, just a really icy stretch. It was super scary but thankfully we made it ok. It was great to be with my family. We had a really nice time. We spent most of it at my parents house but also got to go over to my aunts and see my grandparents and cousins. It's been too long.
We were going to go to Minnesota for New Year's but have decided against it. We are tired and don't want to risk the weather being bad on the road again.
I also got to catch up with some old friends while in Roswell! We met up with Marla and Lauren and Doug this morning for breakfast. I haven't seen Mar since she came out to Baltimore in 2007 and I think it's been 3 years since I've seen Lauren. There is never enough time but at least I got to catch up with them for a little while. It's so hard when everyone lives so far apart.
I have one week off until school starts. Ughh, I need to buy my books. Oh, and finish a 20 page paper from my last class. But this last week I'm going to try and relax as much as possible. And try to finalize my New Year's resolutions - which at this point are NUMEROUS!
No comments:
Post a Comment