Sunday, May 27, 2007

Artwork - amazing photos

My favorite photographer is Craig Blocklock. I first became intrigued by his artwork several years ago while on a trip to Duluth. Rita (Tony's sister) and I went to the Gallery to see Craig's newest exhibit, which at the time was A Voice Within. This photos were mostly nudes of Honey Blacklock (long story there, she started as his model, but then they got married). These pictures took my breath away, and I had to have to book. A couple of years ago Tony bought me another book of his photos while he was back in Duluth, nature photos. Craig is a Minnesota native and his father was also a photographer, as well as his late wife (tragic story). When I look at his photos I'm instantly back in Minnesota, and it makes me homesick for a place I have never called home. The natural beauty that is Minnesota is something everyone should see. Lake Superior still blows my mind every time I see it. Craig's newest book, North Shore will be available in June...I think i'm going to have to go to the gallery when we're there in July and try to get an autographed copy. I tried to attach a picture, but i don't think it's going to come up. But go to the website and see for yourself!

1 comment:

Remo said...

dang! That Bloody Mary looks good!