We went to the top of our first 14er today, Mt. Evans. Although I hesitate to say we 'bagged' it, because you drive to the top and only have to hike about 10 minutes up to be on the peak. But it did feel like we were on the top of the world. The views were great! And we got to see some mountain goats, one right on top of the peak! And we went geocaching while we were up there, and we found our first cache. It was kind of obvious, and it had been compromised and broken (it was an enclosed pipe), and some little brat kept shaking out the log entries, (all the while his mom telling him how cute he was - urghhh, but I digress). We were still excited to find it. Then we looked for the second one but didn't find it. Oh well, we'll have to look again next time.
What a wonderful day. These are the kind of days that really make me appreciate Colorado (even more than I thought possible), and all the outdoor activities it has to offer. I need to keep doing these things, experience new adventures, because it makes me miss Maryland less, and lifts my spirits. I've been in kind of a funk, just missing our friends and the things we got to do in Baltimore. Today made me feel a million times better. Everything is just an adjustment, especially moving 1/2 way across the country. Living in Colorado has been what we wanted for so long, and days like today are one of the big reasons why.
2 comments:
Beautiful! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to come see this all for myself! Great pics Melissa, I'm so glad you had a good day and didn't get rained on :o).
I lived there for 40 years ...
I hope you find it as beautiful as I did. I think of it often.
Give Poudre Canyon a try sometime. Head up to the pass. You'll really enjoy that too.
Best of luck to you and to this blog!
Post a Comment