Sunday, September 14, 2008

Offer Denied

We just found out that the sellers have gotten another offer and it is higher than ours, so they want us to bid higher. We aren't going to. We just don't feel it's necessary to go into a bidding war in this market. Yes we loved the house and it was the best we've seen so far, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Our realtor said it wasn't worth it to go back unless we were willing to pay the asking price, and we are not. It is a lot higher than we said we wanted to pay, and we aren't going to stray from our original number. I've been praying really hard since yesterday that if it was meant to be that we would get the house - so I know we got our answer. There will be another house out there for us. I'm still kind of sad though.

4 comments:

Trysha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trysha said...

That deleted comment was me. I don't know...I was commenting on your site and on another site and got confused. Eeesh!

Hey, I've learned that there's a home out there for everyone. I promise there is a reason that one fell through, because there's another one waiting for you...at a better price. Hugs and support to you and Tony while you're on your search.

Anonymous said...

Awe I'm sorry about that. It just means you'll find something better though. Sorry I didn't call last night, I've had a rough couple of days. I will call soon to catch up though, I'm about to head to bed now. Miss you!

~Jesse

Melissa said...

Thanks to both of you!
It's hard not to be discouraged. We've just seen a lot of crappy homes.....but your right, the right one will come along and we will know it.
Patience....patience....