Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Hockey Fan Is Born




I have now been to 2 hockey games in the past month. We went to an Avalanche game about 3 weeks ago (thank you cheap AF tickets) and tonight Roby and Jamie invited us to go to a DU game with them. They are (Roby) /have (Jamie) moved to Seattle, so they were trying to use up their season tickets. It was so nice of them to invite us along. We had so much fun!! Even though I go to DU, we hadn't yet been to a hockey game. I really hope we get to go to more now. It felt so up close and they are really good. The game went so fast.
The Avalanche game was great, it was our first professional hockey game and they played the MN Wild. And they had nachos and a big fountain coke.....but the DU nachos and fountain coke were EVEN better!! Sodexo at DU wasn't quite a chinchy with their nacho cheese. Sucky part was that getting back on the train from the Pepsi Center was a complete mess and then I wasn't paying attention and we didn't get off at the right stop to change trains....it took an hour to correct that whole wreck and get back to our car. Oh well, lesson learned.
Other than that - I did brave the stores today. We went to Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Bed Bath & Beyond. We didn't get too much, just a couple of really good deals. And actually, by the time we got there (8ish) there weren't that many people in the stores. Tony did a lot around the house today and we took a trip to the dump, but all in all, it was just the relaxing day I needed. And now tonight, it is snowing, and it is beautiful.....

No comments: