HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I have so much to be thankful for today...a new home, a new city, food in kitchen, a job, a wonderful husband and a family that is healthy. So much has changed in the past year. I was thinking about it today as I was cooking, thinking about last Thanksgiving and where I was....and where I wanted to be. I wanted to be here, in Denver, in a home of my own. And my dreams came true. Last Thanksgiving I didn't even have a clue about the job transfer and I knew we weren't going to be buying a home while in Maryland. I was content, but restless.
I had originally wanted to go to NM for Thanksgiving, but up until Tuesday, Tony didn't know that he had off of work on Friday, so it was going to be too long of a trip for just a day. So I cooked and we just had a quite dinner alone.
In 2005 my in-laws came to spend the holiday with us, then in 2006 Jenni and Rob flew out. But last year we spent it just the two of us, so we were ok with it again this year. Especially since we are going to Minnesota for Christmas.
We've already ate and everything turned out beautiful. The gravy was a mess, so we had to start over, but the second attempt turned out great. The cranberry sauce was too runny, but the dressing was the best yet! I then went into a food coma for a couple of hours, and now I think I'm ready for seconds.
We may attempt to go out tomorrow. We are in search of a wireless router. I'm nervous. I HATE shopping. I don't find it fun, I would rather not do it at all. If I was rich I would pay someone to do it for me. But we've seen a couple of really good deals, so I think I'm going to have to put on my brave pants and go for it.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I am thinking about you all and hope you have many blessings to be thankful for today.
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
1 comment:
What a wonderful post! I'm so happy that you and Tony were able to accomplish your dreams. I don't want to say that your dreams just came true, because you guys WORKED for it! Congratulations and it is well deserved. I miss you and cannot wait to see you in 3days!!!
Post a Comment