Hope everybody's Thanksgiving was full of blessings.
Ours was very nice...it was quiet with just Tony and I, but it was very sweet. This year we did something new with the turkey. I bought a turkey from a co-worker who had raised it. Farm fresh....sounds delish right? Not as much as I had imagined.
First of all, I'm kind of reverting back to first trimester food issues...not NEARLY as bad, but some things are really grossing me out...like the fact that we had to still pull out some broken feathers....then after cooking it and the breast and thigh registering the right temp Tony started cutting into it and it was like we hit an artery! So much blood. I'm not sure why it cooked so unevenly. It's not like this is the first time that we have cooked a turkey!
I talked with the guy that I bought it from today and he said perhaps the butcher didn't drain it properly. But who knows. Either way - we cut some breast meat off, ate dinner, then stuck the whole thing back in the oven. Tony carved it later in the evening, but a lot of it was tendony (not sure if that is a word - but you get the picture) and tough. We still have enough for leftovers though.
I had to work today but as I was getting ready at 4:30 AM!!! I decided, why not go shopping on my way? Join the craziese?!? There were 2 items in particular that I was gunning for - and I got 'em, so it was worth it to face the black Friday crowds. Most important of the 2 was the crib mattress. I think we now have everything for the baby.....
Case of the Mondays
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment