Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wine Tasting




My friend Sharon introduced us to a new hangout, The Vine. Which on Wednesday nights has wine tastings. For $5 you can have 5 samples of wine. Sharon and Sean joined us for our first night at The Vine.


The first wine of the night was a white wine, Cascal Garcia Vinho Verde. It was from Portugal. It was much like a sparkling wine. It was crisp and clean, very nice for a warm weather wine. My favorite wine of the night was the 4th, a red, Chateau Haut Marchand. It was a Bordeaux made up of 60% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 15% Cabernet Franc. It tasted of berries, although it was very dry, not as acidic as I expected. It had a lot of tanins. Very good. I thought my favorite wine was going to be the Chianti, as I am particular to Chianti., but this one beat it out. The atmosphere was very laid back, anywhere from men in ties just coming in from work to me, in my boundry water shorts and a t-shirt. The service was good, especially considering how many people were in there, which I was surprised at how many there were. We will be trying to go back to The Vine soon for more tastings!!!!


3 comments:

Trysha said...

Oh how I love a good glass of wine! Wine festival season just kicked off and unfortunately I missed the first fest of the summer.
2007 Boycott of Roberto's is now 3 days strong. ;)

Unknown said...

FYI: when sampling alcohol, the later drinks are ALWAYS better than the earlier ones!!

Remo said...

ahh, I miss good ole Federal Hill. Keep the dream alive Richards! (I don't even know what that means). Can we get a bloody mary blog some time soon?