Sunday, February 14, 2010

The book by Julia

So I finished "My Life in France" by Julia Child. And it was wonderful, of course. I wouldn't expect anything less. This is Julia Child. And yes, I am like milions of other people, after watching Julie and Julia I decided that I had to know more about Ms. Child. This book was sweet and really documented her and Paul's life together. She seemed really honest in the book. I loved that most of it was just talking about food though! She is so intense, and you could really feel that throughout the book. But one thing you can say for her, she was passionate. I have this quote taped to my monitor at work, so that way I have to say it to myself everyday.
"Find something you are passionate about, and keep tremendously interested in it" - Julia Child

It helps me everyday to remember that although I am not doing something I am PASSIONATE about from 9-5, I can do what I'm passionate about in my own time, and eventually, perhaps my passion can be my career too....you know, after school. :) 

No comments: