Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hungarian mushrooms

So the real name for this dish is Houby Paprikas, but it's from Hungary so I'll just call it Hungarian mushrooms. We had it last night for dinner and it was great! Very quick to whip up too. We had ours over brown rice but I think it would be really good over egg noodles.

2T butter
1 med onion- chopped
1 lb. mixed mushrooms - chopped chunky
seas salt & pepper
1 T paprika
cayenne
1C sour cream
3T dill (I substituted 1 T tarragon and 1 T parsley)
Serve over rice, pasta, or spatzle

Heat large sauce pan and add butter.
When melted add onion - cook until transulcent.
Add shrooms, season with salt and pepper, then increase the heat and stir. When moisture has been released, allow it to evaporate. Add paprika and cayenne, fry for a few more moments. Add sour cream and dill - cook for 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: